Our monthly round-up for October 2016 of new and upcoming bars including bar news.
- Occupying the 11th floor with skyline views, The Rooftop at QT Melbourne has opened. Split over indoor / outdoor space, the bar offers a cocktail list with a twist on the classics with a list of local spirits, house made tonics and share cocktails. 133 Russell St, Melbourne
- Bel & Brio, a European style emporium has opened in Sydney with a bar serving innovative cocktails with a focus on seasonality, locally sourced and environmentally responsible drinks. 300 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo, Sydney
- Hot Sauce at QT Melbourne has opened offering Asian-inspired cocktails along with rare Japanese spirits. 8 Portland Lane, Melbourne
- The Port has opened in Sydney’s Darling Harbour where you can reserve a cabana with bottle service by your own private host. 2-10 Darling Drive, Darling Harbour, Sydney
- The new Tomcat in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley has a hidden speakeasy style bar. The Boiler Room offers a solid list of classic cocktails and guests can have their personal bottle of Remy Martin and Louis XIII from a lockable copper custom cabinet. Level 1, 210 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
- The Cellar at Bouche (pictured) beneath Sydney’s Bouche on Bridge restaurant has now opened offering a 9 strong cocktail list with sustainability with creativity at its heart. 6 Bridge Street, Sydney
- Chingón Cantina y Taquería by the team from Brooklyn Standard has opened in Brisbane. Agave-based cocktails feature on the menu along with Mexican beer. Eagle Lane Brisbane
- After a long period of closure, the new Easy Eight has reopened in Sydney with a revitalised look, a new playful cocktail menu and tasty bites.
- Melbourne has now a new agave spirit haven with the opening of Bodega Underground Mezcaleria & Dive Taqueria. 51 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne
- Brigade Rooftop has opened above The Light Brigade in Sydney’s Woollahra. The open-air bar sits 83-meters above sea-level and offers a solid list of signature cocktails are classics grouped under Vodka, Gin, Rum, Bourbon and Tequila. Corner of Oxford St & Jersey Rd, Woollahra, Sydney
- Bouvier Bar – a wine and cocktail bar by La Luna’s Adrian Richardson’ has opened in Melbourne. The New York-inspired bar features cocktails with novel takes on classics. 159 Lygon st, Brunswick East Melbourne
- Melbourne has a new Caribbean inspired bar. Island Somewhere focuses on local craft brews, Australian spirits and seasonal island inspired cocktails. 213 Franklin Street, Melbourne
Opening a new cocktail bar soon? Contact us here.
Photo Credit of The Cellar at Bouche: Supplied