Our monthly round-up for November 2016 of new and upcoming bars including bar news.
- A leader in cocktail innovation and technique, Charlie Parker’s cocktail menu is based around the anatomy of the plant, from Nut & Fruit to Root & Soil. 380 Oxford Street, Paddington, Sydney
- Named after the Raymond Chandler novel, The Long Goodbye, is set to open mid November at the old site of The Hazy Rose in Sydney’s Darlinghurst. The bar by Flynn McLennan of Kagura in Surry Hills will have a film noir theme with twists on classics with odd flavour combinations including house-made liqueurs, bitters and infusions. 1/83 Stanley St, Darlinghurst, Sydney
- The Flaming Gala and The Passiona are two of the cocktails at the new retro kitsch Australiana bar, Dingo’s in Melbourne’s suburb of Collingwood. 310 Smith St Collingwood, Melbourne
- For unparalleled views and summertime drinking, the Rooftop Intercontinental Double Bay (pictured) is now open to the public and hotel guests with no minimum spend. 33 Cross Street, Double Bay Sydney
- Named after the character in Ulysses, Buck Mulligan, a bar and bookshop specialising in Irish whiskey and Irish literature has opened in the Melbourne suburb of Northcote. 217 High Street, Northcote, Melbourne
- Crows Nest has a new a Mediterranean-inspired specialty bar. Blue Caboose has a focus on spritz-style drinks, aperitifs and amari to complement to its Mediterranean tapas. 55a Alexander Street, Crows Nest, Sydney
- East Village, a three level venue in Darlinghurst has opened with Lee Potter Cavanagh (General Manager) and Reece Griffiths (Bar Manager). On the ground floor is the casual public bar serving wine by the glass from the cellar, the second floor is the Athletic Club sports bar with TV screens offering dark liquor and the rooftop (yet to open) will invite laid back summer drinking with views over the inner city. 234 Palmer Street Darlinghurst, Sydney
- The Forgotten Cask, a rum bar above the refurbished Cauliflower Hotel in Sydney’s Waterloo is now open every Friday and Saturday night. 123 Botany Rd, Waterloo, Sydney
- Sydney has a vermouth focussed bar, Banksii, by the husband and wife team from Bar H in Surry Hills. 33 Barangaroo Ave, Barangaroo, Sydney
- Parramatta has a first small bar hidden in a car park. Uncle Kurt’s is serving New York style classics and deli food to match. 22B Horwood Pl, Parramatta, Sydney
Opening a new cocktail bar soon? Contact us here.
Photo Credit of Rooftop Intercontinental Double Bay – Supplied