Our monthly round-up for May 2016 of new and upcoming bars including bar news.
- Melbourne is to get its own Gin Lane, a two storey gin bar with over 400 gins on the list. The opening is planned for late September. 19–21 Bourke Street, Melbourne
- Vermouth will take centre stage at Banksii when the restaurant and bar by the Bar H team opens in September. Over forty vermouths will be served straight or in cocktails and a bespoke vermouth from Maidenii to be poured on tap exclusively. Barangaroo, Sydney
- From the owners of Molly and The Highball Express, Bar Rochford, a cocktail and wine bar with food by Chef Ian Poy has opened in Canberra’s Civic on the first floor of the Melbourne Building. 1st Floor, 65 London Circuit, Canberra
- Sydney has a new gin-focussed bar. Moya’s Juniper Lounge (pictured) takes you back in time with old world drinking and classic gin cocktails. 101 Regent Street, Redfern, Sydney
- A Wolf Creek themed bar modelled on the Wolf Creek Roadhouse is popping up in Melbourne and Sydney to celebrate the launch of the new TV series. Melbourne will host it in Federation Square from May 5-8 and in Sydney will have its turn in Martin Place from May 11-14.
- The highly anticipated cocktail bar and soda factory, PS40 has officially opened in Sydney. You can read our review here. Skittle Ln, Sydney
- Melbourne’s newest champagne parlour and terrace, Rufus Bar has opened in Prahran. The opulent fitout takes you back to a bygone-era in celebration of the finer things in life. First Floor, 143 Greville Street Prahran, Melbourne
Opening a new cocktail bar soon? Contact us here.