Our monthly round-up for July 2016 of new and upcoming bars including bar news.
- Black Market, Canberra’s newest cocktail bar from the team behind Molly and The Highball Express has opened at the former location of the speakeasy A.Baker Bar. The subterranean intimate space has a strong focus on cocktails with table service and a rotating menu New Acton Pavilion Unit 2, 15A Edinburgh Ave, Canberra, ACT
- Kittyhawk, the new cocktail bar by the team from the Lobo Plantation has opened this week in Sydney with a post WWII theme and cocktails centred around rum and rye. Corner of Bent & Phillip Street, Sydney, NSW
- In the heart of Melbourne’s Flinders Lane, Garden State Hotel (pictured) is only weeks away from opening. The sprawling four level venue is expected to open its doors in Mid-July with Ashly Hicks (ex Circa) as Head Chef and Kevin Peters (ex Eau De Vie) as Bar Manager at the former site of Rosati Restaurant. 95 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC
- Part cafe, part ginoteca, Tonic Lane is a new bar with a focus on Australian gins and tonics. Choose from a G&T a la carte menu or gin-based cocktails. Shop 6, 8 Young Lane, Neutral Bay, Sydney, NSW
- As we’re writing, Big Poppa’s, the venue by the Lobo Plantation’s Jared Merlino and Lewis Jaffrey (ex Swillhouse Group) is about to open any minute at the former site of Hello Sailor in Sydney’s Darlinghurst. Upstairs will be a casual Italian restaurant and bar with classic Italian drinks while downstairs will be a cocktail lounge playing hip hop music. Updated 2/6/2016 – Big Poppa’s has now opened. 96 Oxford St, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW
Opening a new cocktail bar soon? Contact us here.
Photo Credit: Supplied.