Our monthly round-up for December 2016 of new and upcoming bars including bar news.
- From the Touché Hombre team in Melbourne, Mezcalito (pictured), an agave- focused lounge style bar is opening today in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD. Located right next door to Touché Hombre, the back bar will have Mexican spirits grouped by agave species with Manager Brett Harris (ex Button Bar Sydney) at the helm. 233 Lonsdale street, Melbourne
- The Elysian Whisky Bar is set to open later this month in Melbourne by Kelvin Low and Yao Wong, both ex Whisky & Alement. 113 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne
- Combining a film noir theme with inventive twists on classics and house infusions, The Long Goodbye has now opened in Sydney’s Darlinghurst. 1/83 Stanley St, Darlinghurst, Sydney
- Jacoby, the Tiki style bar by the team behind Sydney’s Earl’s Juke Joint is now set to open in early 2017.
- A new prohibition-style speakeasy bar is opening in Geelong at the former site of Loft 82. The 18th Amendment bar by Gorge Camorra takes its name from the Prohibition law that banned alcohol in 1920s. 82A Little Malop St, Geelong
- Go back to the 50s at Fonzarelli’s Bar in Surry Hills, an Americana diner style with private booths, memorabilia and an upstairs bar. 65/67 Foveaux St, Surry Hills, Sydney
- Chachi’s Pizza by Firefly Group has opened in Crows Nest serving pizza downstairs with a speakeasy style bar upstairs. 49 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest Sydney
- Brisbane has a new rooftop bar. Sixteen Antlers Rooftop Bar is situated 16 levels above ground within the Pullman and Mercure Brisbane King George Square hotel. Pullman and Mercure Brisbane, Corner of Ann and Roma streets, Brisbane
- Above Board Bar has quietly opened in Melbourne by renowned bartender Hayden Lambert (ex Bar Americano). Level 1, 306 Smith Street, Collingwood, Melbourne
- Coming to Melbourne in early 2017 is House of Correction, a sister bar to Goldilocks named after the building’s colourful history. Level 4, 264 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Cafe by day, bar by night, Seymour’s Cocktails and Oysters has opened in Brisbane next door to Lefty’s Old Time Music Hall. The bar and cocktail list take inspiration from New Orleans, with a focus on brown spirits sand of course, oysters. 15 Caxton St Petrie tce, Brisbane
Opening a new cocktail bar soon? Contact us here.
Photo credit of Mezcalito – supplied.