Our monthly round-up for April 2016 of new and upcoming bars including bar news.
- Melbourne has a new Caribbean-themed restaurant/bar with a focus on rum cocktails. Located on the edge of the Docklands, Pretty Mama‘s cocktail menu lists the drinks by their fruit profile such as mango, coconut, banana. Watertank Way, 220 Spencer Street, Melbourne
- It’s been the talk of town for some time. According to their Facebook page, Nant Whisky Bar is set to open very soon in Sydney. The premises at 55 York St are still vacant as we write but we’ll be keeping an eye out for developments. 55 York St, Sydney
- La Cantina (pictured above) has opened on top of Los Vida at Crows Nest in Sydney with a newly-appointed Tequila and Mezcal Sommelier. 419 Pacific Highway, Crows Nest, Sydney
- Not to be confused with La Cantina above, El Camino Cantina will occupy the space left by Ananas restaurant when it moves to the Sydney Convention Centre. The Austin, Texas-inspired Tex-Mex restaurant will stock more than 75 specialty tequilas and mezcals. 18 Argyle St, The Rocks
- The team from Sydney’s Earl’s Juke Joint is set to open Jacoby later in the year, a David Lynch themed bar. 154 Enmore Road, Enmore, Sydney
- Bar Chinois has opened in the Kensington Street precinct in Sydney’s Central Park, French-Asian fusion bar and restaurant. 16 Kensington Street Central Park, Sydney
- An after dark hangout has opened above Saké Restaurant and Bar. Dragon Lounge opens on Wednesdays from 9pm and serves cocktails which can be shared as well as sake, beer, wine and bar bites. 12 Argyle Street, The Rocks, Sydney
- PS40, a new unique cocktail bar concept is coming to Sydney this April. The bar by renowned bartenders Thor Bergquist and Michael Chiem will have a soda bottling plant where the range of PS Soda will be made, bottled and poured in-house. 40 King Street, Sydney
- Popular Sydney bar and late night venue, Hello Sailor is closing its doors on April 11. In its place, Big Poppa’s will be an Italian restaurant upstairs and a cocktail lounge downstairs by Lewis Jaffrey of Swillhouse Group and Jared Merlino of The Lobo Plantation.
Opening a new cocktail bar soon? Contact us here.
Photo Credit: Supplied