Chivas Regal The Icon is an ultra-prestige Scotch whisky crafted from a blend of whiskies from more than 20 distilleries across Scotland, including some rare whiskies from lost distilleries.
Visiting Sydney for the launch, Colin Scott, Chivas Regal’s Master Blender referred to The Icon as the pinnacle of the Chivas Regal family. He crafted the luxury blend as a tribute to James and John Chivas using rare malts from Strathisla and hand-selected single malts from Longmorn and Glen Keith.
Chivas Regal The Icon is a limited release, and each year, Colin Scott will produce a limited number of bottles. Only 50 bottles of the inaugural release are destined for Australia. The luxury Scotch whisky is presented in green glassware, paying homage to the original green Chivas Regal bottle that from 1909, a hand-blown crystal decanter created by craftsmen at Dartington Crystal with a signature luckenbooth stopper, which is a traditional Celtic symbol of love.
Chivas Regal The Icon Tasting Notes
- Country of Origin: Scotland
- ABV: 43%
- Type: Blended malt Scotch whisky
- Age: NAS
- Colour: dark amber
- Nose: soft aromas of orchard fruit, vanilla, hints of floral notes
- Palate: viscous mouth feel with syrupy orchard fruit and honey, sweet oranges and peaches comes to the fore leading onto chocolate with subtle hazelnut notes
- Finish: medium to long, fruity, sweet and luscious,
- RRP: 700mL bottle at RRP of $4,699
Comments: Chivas Regal The Icon remains true to the Chivas house style with a cacophony of flavours in the mouth, all in harmony. This is a luxury blend to the discerning whisky connoisseur and collector.
Photo by Cocktails & Bars – © Copyright: All rights reserved.