Do you have what it takes to be crowned Mai Tai Chairman and become an Ambassador for Chairman’s Reserve Australia?
Chairman’s Reserve is inviting Australia’s bartenders to enter the Chairman’s Reserve Mai Tai Competition and put their creative spin on a Mai Tai cocktail using Chairman’s Reserve rum.
The competition consists of two phases:
1. Buy 1 full case (6 bottles, can be mixed) of Chairman’s Reserve rum.
2. Create your best classic Mai Tai cocktail. The recipe must consist of Chairman’s Reserve Rum, Lime, Curaçao, Orgeat and Sugar. Bitters, rock candy and grenadine are optional. Any expression of Chairman’s Reserve rums can be used (Chairman’s Gold, White, Spiced & the Forgotten Casks, Admiral Rodney & 1931- 1st edition). No other rum brands are allowed.
3. Put the Mai Tai cocktail on your bar’s menu / blackboard / promotional card / daily special or such during June and July.
4. Post your drink and tag Chairman’s on social media using the hashtags #maitai2017au #chairmansmaitaiau #stluciamaitai #chairmansreserveau.
5. 10-15 bartenders will be selected to go through to next phase which will take place during August and September.
Note: Entries will be judged via a points system based on the quality of the Mai Tai, event and sales, and social media. The cut off date is 21 July 2017.
6. The selected bartenders from Phase 1 will then create their own signature cocktail inspired by the Mai Tai using Chairman’s Reserve.
7. During August-September, these bartenders will get a visit from a mystery person who will take a seat at the bar and tell the bartender about an upcoming vacation to St. Lucia. This is your key. The bartender is then to serve the signature cocktail and briefly tell the story behind the drink.
8. Five finalists will be selected to compete in the grand final which will be held at The Forgotten Cask Bar in Sydney during the first week of October 2017.
Chairman’s Reserve Mai Tai Competition Prize
The Chairman’s Reserve Mai Tai Competition winner for 2017 will be awarded the following prizes:
- be crowned The Mai Tai Chairman and become a Brand Ambassador for Chairman’s Australia
- receive the complete package of all the 1931 edition from Saint Lucia, including the latest (6th) edition which is only available in Saint Lucia.
- receive a ticket to attend one of the trade shows in Asia and may take part in a “guest shift” between October 2017 and December 2018. Return airfares, accommodation and spending allowance included.
For more competition details including the point system scoring, contact email@example.com
In partnership with Big Island Wholesalers, distributors of Chairman’s Reserve in Australia.
Photo Credit: Supplied.